Friday, June 19, 2009

Moved by the Pain of Another

Today, I am deeply moved by the pain of another.

A very dear friend endured surgery this week. I received a message a few moments ago regarding the degree of pain that she is in...10 out of 10. I was moved to tears by her pain. I cried out to the King of Kings for compassion, relief, and comfort.

Isaiah 49:13 AMP, "Sing for joy, O heavens, and be joyful, O earth, and break forth into singing, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people and will have compassion upon His afflicted."

I am thankful that He hears me when I pray. Jesus thanked His Father for the very same thing...His listening ear...right before Lazarus was raised from the dead (John 11:41). After Jesus gave thanks, the most incredible miracle of His ministry followed.

Thank You my Abba that You hear me when I pray for the needs of my friends, my family, my church...my very own needs.

Jesus was a man of compassion. He was moved by the pain of another. In fact, He was so moved at the pain we would suffer as a result of eternal separation from God, that He took our place. He gave of Himself, voluntarily gave His life in exchange for ours! Isnt' it amazing? AMAZING LOVE!!

The pain of another moves me today. Moves me to not only pray for my friend, but pray for a compassionate heart like His. A great exchange between His heart and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment