Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Morning Manna

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life!" -- Proverbs 3:5-7 MSG

Abba, You have created me with Strengths that I love and know are for a good purpose. When they are submitted to You, they flourish exactly they way You designed. However, when they are out from the covering of Your Wings, they are loose cannons!

My Learner, Activator, and Arranger strengths are very investigative and thorough. With my daughters, this can seem as though I am constantly searching for something...constantly putting the pieces of the puzzle together. This often times is negatively interpreted and I must be aware of their hearts. I must put the sandal on the other foot!

The last thing I want to do is turn my daughters away from me. You know my heart. Help me to express my care in a way that lessens offense and opens conversation. I need Your Help...keep us on track.

Jesus, when I am self-focused, it effects me...it's stressful, irritating, and comes off edgy. When I enforce my will, it brings heart sickness for all of us. I bet my cat can even sense it!

Submitting my motherhood to You, the Perfect Parent. Teach me Your Ways, Your Better Way, that I might follow Your Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment