Monday, November 15, 2010

Morning Manna

"A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired." -- Proverbs 17:22 MSG



Abba, doom & gloom are not welcome here. A cheerful disposition is simply a better view of living, not just for me, but also for my family.

I'll admit, I confess, that I am prone to a suspicious disposition...this is the pattern of my flesh and so easy to fall into, it's natural and not hard at all.

Feelings of impending doom are anxious feelings...fearful feelings.

I read a book this weekend that said that most of the time, when we imagine our future, it is without You. It is the most fearful thing we could ever imagine and then, we try to solve it in our own power. Most of the time, if not all, this future never even happens...it's all imagined. How exhausting!!

Gloom and doom tires everybody...it turns your brain into mush!

You offer Hope, You offer Joy, You offer Peace...and I accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment