Monday, August 2, 2010

Morning Manna

"But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired." -- Isaiah 40:31 AMP

Abba, weariness is a tool of the enemy, especially weariness from trials...at least that's the way I feel.

You whispered Isaiah 40:31 to my heart when I called upon You in desperation several weeks ago. I didn't understand why this Scripture at the time, but I do today. Thank You for the message shared at church yesterday. In light of Isaiah 40:31, James 1:2-4 took on a new meaning:

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."

You are asking me to wait while You do the transforming. You will either transform my circumstances or transform me. One way or the other, I will be changed by Your Skillful Hand. You are the Potter and I am the Clay.

Oh how I fight pain and resist Your Perfect Work in my heart. Today I understand that You are producing patience and it'll take special care from the Vinedresser for this fruit to come forth.

You're not holding out on me, Jesus. You are Trustworthy and Faithful. You hear my cry. Have Your Way today.

Refining brings the Shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment