Sunday, August 22, 2010

Morning Manna


"Abraham didn't focus on his own impotence and say, "It's hopeless. This hundred-year-old body could never father a child." Nor did he survey Sarah's decades of infertility and give up. He didn't tiptoe around God's promise asking cautiously skeptical questions. He plunged into the promise and came up strong, ready for God, sure that God would make good on what he had said. That's why it is said, "Abraham was declared fit before God by trusting God to set him right." But it's not just Abraham; it's also us! The same thing gets said about us when we embrace and believe the One who brought Jesus to life when the conditions were equally hopeless. The sacrificed Jesus made us fit for God, set us right with God." -- Romans 4:19-25 MSG

Abba, the pressure of the fulfillment of Your Promises in my life is on You. My partnership with You in relationship to Your Promises in my life is to focus...focus forward.

When change comes, sometimes I am tempted to look back at how things were because it seemed so much easier then. However, looking back stops me in my steps. Looking back stunts my growth. Looking back causes me to doubt Your Goodness in any new direction.

I dont' want to be like Lot's wife...she is no longer the salt of the earth. She is a monument, a statue, of salt as a reminder of what looking back will do.

Thank You for reminding me this weekend that any movement forward requires focus and sacrifice. Focus on Your Word and Your Sacrificial Love for me.

My Arranger strength prompts me to study patterns. However, I don't have to get stuck studying old patterns and expecting doom and gloom. You are the Divine Designer of my life. You create patterns as You go. You are not bound to any constant formula. I give You room to surprise me!

Give me strength to focus on You and Your Word to me today, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment