Monday, August 23, 2010

Morning Manna


"Children, do what your parents tell you. This is only right. "Honor your father and mother" is the first commandment that has a promise attached to it, namely, "so you will live well and have a long life." -- Ephesians 6:1 MSG

Abba, today I will spend a few hours with my parents. You know my heart...I'm a bit overwhelmed with items on my plate and truly would love to spend the day at home. I ask You to help me to have the right attitude about being gone from the house the entire day. I want to honor You by honoring my mom and dad.

I pray that our time together would be mutually encouraging. Grow us in relationship. May I never think I am too old to learn from them. I know that they love me with all of their hearts. They were meant for me and I for them. They are full of wisdom...may I receive their thoughts for my life with Grace.

Bless them as they bless me today. Bless them with Your Shalom...long life, health, peace.

May we delight in each other knowing that You are delighting in our fellowship. Have Your Way today, I pray.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Jo - thank you for being so transparent. <3

    ReplyDelete