Saturday, September 4, 2010

Morning Manna

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart." -- Psalm 37:4 AMP

Abba, searching for, understanding, and articulating the desires of my heart is a journey. I believe that the journey to desire is one full of hope.

I've been challenged to answer three questions about Desire...

1) What do I deeply desire to bring to this world?

2) What is the contribution that I long to hear that I have made?

3) What am I doing when I sense God's pleasure and presence in my life?

Pondering my answers to these questions is causing me to rethink many things. I am pursuing You for clarity, passion, and renewed purpose.

The life of ought is a soul-killing life. -- John Eldredge

Help me to watch my attitude about engagement. I want my heart to follow my obedience. I believe that duty + obedience - relationship = heart failure.

Reconnecting with the "why's" of my current season sheds light and reconnection with The Sacred Romance, the epic story that You are writing about me. It's big-picture thinking.

Pursuing Your Heart about my heart...what do I desire?

No comments:

Post a Comment