Monday, September 13, 2010

Morning Manna


"Now [in Haran] the Lord said to Abram, Go for yourself [for your own advantage] away from your country...." -- Genesis 12:1 AMP

"So Abram departed, as the Lord had directed him...." -- Genesis 12:4 AMP

"Now there was a famine in the land...." -- Genesis 12:10 AMP

Abba, Abraham was a man of great faith and I am inspired by his ultimate trust in Your Plan for his life.

You asked Abraham to leave his country and he obeyed, but was he surprised to find that after Your promises of multiplication, fame, good success, and protection (v. 2-3), he was met with famine?

I am thankful that You show the human side of Abraham. You show us how in his fear, he told a lie about his wife. They were half-siblings, so it wasn't a total lie, but a lie never the less. You show that Abraham felt the pressure of his circumstance and in self-preservation, did what he thought would save his life. And this wasn't the only time he lied! Yet, in Your Bountiful Grace, You fulfilled Your Promises.

Oh Abba, I'm on a new journey...have been on it for some time now. Out of obedience, following Your Voice. You promise to take care of me. Yet, I must confess, this journey has been very hard.

There are times my heart cries, "What in the world?" In Your Patience, You comfort the ache. You comfort the desire for respite.

Abraham had to subtract and divide in order to multiply. I suppose that I must follow Your Lead and his example. Your Love for me is my Strength.

I'll stay on the journey. I'll pray so very much. I'll keep heart until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment