Thursday, September 16, 2010

Morning Manna


"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." -- Isaiah 40:31 NIV

Abba, You have used this Scripture to encourage me over and over again. Each time it is like a cool breeze in the hot summertime. I never get tired of this Scripture bubbling up in my heart!

I love the image of the eagle. There is something majestic about them...strong and fierce. Yet, there is a season where the eagle looks the exact opposite. During the eagle's molting season, they lose their flight feathers and appear weak and scraggly. However, during their molting season, they literally experience a rebirth...their youth is renewed.

Oh how I love Your Promises. During seasons of pruning and redirecting, You renew my strength! Things get slimmed down and stripped, yet it is purposeful. You have an end picture in mind, and although I cannot see what I will look like in the end, I trust Your design for my life.

My hope, my strength, my energy is found in You.

Have Your Way today...

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jo, this share brought tears to my eyes. I think you just wrote your Season testimony for next month. Thank you Lord for the gift of "molting". Let me gladly pull into my nest while you do your work in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mary, painful...but necessary. Praying about next month's message. Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete