Saturday, September 18, 2010

Morning Manna


"And she had a sister named Mary, who seated herself at the Lord's feet and was listening to His teaching. But Martha [overly occupied and too busy] was distracted with much serving; and she came up to Him and said, Lord, is it nothing to You that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me [to lend a hand and do her part along with me]! But the Lord replied to her by saying, Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things; There is need of only one or but a few things. Mary has chosen the good portion [that which is to her advantage], which shall not be taken away from her." -- Luke 10:39-42 AMP

Abba, You are calling me today to take a seat, relax, and listen. You have invited me to sit at Your Feet to worship. I am willing.

As I attend the Beth Moore event today, I thank You that You have already set a table for me there. You have already prepared a five-course meal to feed my hungry heart. You have already set aside Your Word and Your Servant to speak to thousands of women today. I am blessed to be one of them. I am blessed to be Joann, a woman whom Jesus loves.

You are so kind to speak to me in pictures. Yesterday, You gave me the image of Martha and Mary. I know that You are inviting me to set aside my "kitchen duties" and enter into rest.

I accept Your invitation and as I prepare to leave this morning, my heart cries for a filling, a renewal, to take place today. The "dailies" sure can drain and deplete.

Fill my well, I pray. Cause me to worship You in spirit and in truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment