Thursday, September 30, 2010

Morning Manna


"For the time being no discipline brings joy, but seems grievous and painful; but afterwards it yields a peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it [a harvest of fruit which consists in righteousness--in conformity to God's will in purpose, thought, and action, resulting in right living and right standing with God]." -- Hebrews 12:11 AMP

Abba, living in the land between for almost a year, I understand more and more that this is training ground. Thank You for reminding me that You see, You hear, and You are concerned for my well-being. What a comfort!

Your Word says in that the final outcome of discipline is right believing and right living. The Greek shows that the word discipline means "education" or "training". We are being trained as Your children in the school of Life. Life Abundant was deep within Jesus' purpose for us and Your Holy Spirit, the Teacher and Revealer of Jesus, is our Guide.

I can relate to discipline as it comes to exercise. I know that it is good for me, but it sure is hard! I find it particularly hard to run. It is definitely not my favorite part of my regimen; however, I understand the benefits. I strongly dislike the treadmill before, but am happy after. I endure the pain, I despise it...but it brings me joy to know that my body submitted to its exercise education. It's necessary for me to tread on that mill over and over again. I can't say that with each time it has gotten easier, but I can say that my endurance has been stretched.

Your discipline in my life is a rescue mission. Your training in my life is for the road ahead. Your education of my heart is for my benefit. Your Hand in my life stretches, equips, and strengthens me to produce a bountiful harvest for Your Glory.


May I submit to the rough terrain in the land between and welcome Your Work of Grace and Peace in my heart.

Have Your Way...

No comments:

Post a Comment