Monday, October 11, 2010

Morning Manna

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." -- Matthew 11:28-30 AMP

Abba, You desire to teach me the unforced rhythms of Grace. It is not balance that I am looking for. You give me permission to be "gloriously lopsided" and that sets me free!

When I read those two words in Spiritual Rhythm by Mark Buchanan last night, I went to bed with a pep in my step. Thank You for validating my season. Thank You for releasing the pressure that tends to bottle up and fizz.

That is Your Way Lord, You bring Peace...no condemnation. You take the yoke, You bear the weight of the pressure on Your Broad and Strong Shoulders.  

Teach me the unforced Rhythms of Grace. Cause me to remember Your availability in all of my ways, for Your Hand is ever outstretched towards me.

You lead with gentleness and meekness; therefore, the rhythms are unforced. You lead me softly and with great care.

Teach me, Jesus, You know my heart and my eagerness to learn from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment