Thursday, November 4, 2010

Morning Manna


"Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion; they will not be defeated but will endure forever." -- Psalm 125:1 NLT

Abba, this Scripture renews my hope! When I lean into You, when I am confident about Your Heart towards me, You are my Refuge. When I trust You, I will not totter, shake, or slip.

What I love about this Scripture as well is that it is titled, "A Song of Ascents." This is part of a group of Scriptures entitled the Pilgrim's Songs...Scriptures for the journey.

Hope deferred, transferring my hope to anything or anyone except You, casts my heart into an empty pit of despair.

Man will fail. Materials will fail. Mount Zion stands strong forever.

You reminded me of this Scripture through a song written by Pastor Gary years ago. Thank You for kindly taking my chin and turning it up and towards Your Mountain of Refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment