Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Change Formula

Church was great this morning! Well, actually, it always is, but I just had to say it!

Our pastor has been sharing on transition the last few weeks; however, today, he began a new series entitled, "Seasons". My curiosity was at a level high because transitions, seasons, and change have all been swimming around in my head for a while. So with pen and journal in hand, I poised myself to listen and learn!

Our pastor gave us this formula...I encourage you to chew on it for a minute:

Change of Place + Change of Pace = Change of Perspective

Now, say it aloud. Say it again. Say it real slow.

I could relate immediately on so many platforms. I'll give you a simple one...

In November 2007, we moved from the "City of Hills" to the "City of Rivers". There was an immediate change of place...it was obvious.

With the move came an immediate sense of relief. We had been driving quite a distance for work and church. With our move, the gas bill, toll expenses, and drive time decreased considerably. We were so thankful!

Our change of place (hills to rivers) + our change of pace (drive time, tolls, & gas) = our change of perspective.

The change in perspective has been HUGE! I have learned so much living here...about the goodness of the Lord, about nature, about rest. There's a great sense of Shalom peace that comes when you know you're at the right place at the right time...His right plan for our family.

Regardless of where you are positioned in the change formula, change IS good because God IS good!

I've never had a greater yearning in my heart to "go with the flow". This is unusual for me because I am a planner. I need framework. I need visual aids. I need something solid OR ELSE!

Be still and rest...the Psalms have been a great reminder to commit, trust, and lean into my Great Shepherd. Change is inevitable. Change is necessary. Change is the formula for the greater plan...His plan for our lives.

This summer has been a season of rest, but change is around the corner. New place, new pace, and new perspective...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment