Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"And I will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in steadfast love, and in mercy. I will even betroth you to Me in stability and in faithfulness, and you shall know (recognize, be acquainted with, appreciate, give heed to, and cherish) the Lord." -- Hose 2:19-20 AMP

Abba, You are planning a Destination Wedding for Jesus and Your Church...Jesus and I.

I am amazed at how You lovingly assure Israel  - three times - that You will marry her. You are well aware of her shortcomings, her weaknesses, her blatant disobedience. Yet, You make a Covenant with her to save her.

Your vow to Israel, and to me, is to join us together in so many wonderful ways...in righteousness, in justice, in steadfast love, in mercy, in stability, in faithfulness. Isn't that what every wife would want and need? Yes!!

Jesus, my Prince, I have so much to look forward to! Our marriage is not a "til death do us part"...no, it's for eternity. I will be by Your Side, the very place the church was born, forever. Oh the comfort that brings my heart.

This is The Sacred Romance. You are pursuing me and I am pursuing You.

Until we meet face-to-face...

1 comment: