Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Morning Manna


"On that same day [when] evening had come, He said to them, Let us go over to the other side [of the lake]. And leaving the throng, they took Him with them, [just] as He was, in the boat [in which He was sitting]. And other boats were with Him. And a furious storm of wind [of hurricane proportions] arose, and the waves kept beating into the boat, so that it was already becoming filled. But He [Himself] was in the stern [of the boat], asleep on the [leather] cushion; and they awoke Him and said to Him, Master, do You not care that we are perishing? And He arose and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, Hush now! Be still (muzzled)! And the wind ceased (sank to rest as if exhausted by its beating) and there was [immediately] a great calm (a perfect peacefulness). He said to them, Why are you so timid and fearful? How is it that you have no faith (no firmly relying trust)? And they were filled with great awe and feared exceedingly and said one to another, Who then is this, that even wind and sea obey Him?" -- Mark 4:35-41 AMP

Abba, most often the storm rages in my mind. Some days the storm is a simple rain shower and other days its a downright squall. I awoke at 4:30 am today with so many thoughts swirling in my mind and heart. Of course, in my pride, feeling like I was responsible for total resolution. Feeling like I was responsible to calm the waves of restlessness, the winds of adversity, and the noise of the enemy.

You know I'm a picture person, Jesus. You created me that way. Thank You for bringing to my heart the picture of You on the boat in the midst of the sea. You calming the storm. Peace be still! 

Although in Your Flesh You napped on the boat to recover from Your busy day, Your Heart was wide awake.You shepherded Your Flock all day long - healed the sick, shared the Love of Your Father, were pulled and tugged on by the throng. Yet, The Truth is that You never slumber nor sleep. You are my Vigilant King.

O me of little faith!

This morning You say, "Peace be still!" to my mind and heart and I am calmed. This morning You say, "I will never fail You nor abandon You" and I am comforted. This morning You say, "My Grace is sufficient for You" and I know that we will get to the other side together.

I am not alone...Peace be still!

No comments:

Post a Comment