Monday, August 30, 2010

Morning Manna


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -- Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

Abba, some days this verse is my only hook...my only handle. Some days I look up and say, "I sure hope You know what you're doing!" Some times The Plan can feel willy-nilly...like a roller coaster ride to only You know where!

This verse isn't a cliche. This verse is Your Truth that ministers to my heart today. You do know what You are doing. As a matter of fact, what You are doing is already done through Your Son! Jesus, Your birth gives me Life and Your death gives me Hope. You have pre-conquered every obstacle, every demon, every slippery slope on my path. Have Your Way...for I know it is The Better Way for me.

In my head, the future is uncertain...what, how, when, and where have yet to be answered. In my heart, what, how, when, and where require great faith. Increasing my faith means exercising my faith.

Like Jeremiah, You chose me before I was born. You knew me and approved of me before I was in the womb. I am Your chosen instrument for such a time as this. You set me a part, consecrated me, and appointed me for my current roles at this current time in my life.

I read a devotion this morning, I read this quote by Boyd Bailey: "None of us likes to be rushed, especially God!" Help me, Abba, I'm an Activator...I freely admit that patience is not one of my strengths. However, I want Your Perfect Work to be done in me, my family, and for my future.

Thank You for reminding me today to grasp Your Word with all of my might. Jeremiah 29:11 is a Promise and I am an heir!

No comments:

Post a Comment