Friday, August 6, 2010

Morning Manna

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my [firm, impenetrable] Rock and my Redeemer." -- Psalm 19:14 AMP

Abba, You want me to have a Jesus-consciousness vs. a sin-consciousness, for being conscious of my sins brings fear of punishment and condemnation.

Jesus bore the weight of my sin, received the wrath of my punishment, and voluntarily died in my place. He received what I deserved so that I could receive what He deserved...this is Amazing Grace.

Help me, strengthen me, to watch my words. Help me to be aware of what my brain is chewing on. You and I  know all to well that the battle for me is in my mind. Some days the arrows are many in number. I need You.

Oh that I would have a Philippians 4:8 mentality.

Beholding Jesus, I am changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment