Monday, August 9, 2010

Morning Manna


"Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they?" -- Matthew 6:26 AMP

Abba, I confess that fear is a huge button for me. Fear of abandonment, fear of being left alone, is an enemy that I have fought since I was a very small child. The temptation to fear is great...this is my pattern and the enemy of my soul knows this very well.

It started with being put up for adoption, then followed by my father constantly choking at dinner time, followed by a failed marriage, followed by both of my parents fighting cancer...the list goes on and on. The enemy has used memories from these events to bring feelings of doom and gloom. The enemy has done his best to convince me that I am captive to a life of hopeless solitude = LIE.

The Truth, the Good News of the Gospel, is that You will never leave me, nor forsake me! I was not alone then, I'm not alone now, and I will never be alone!

You give me a bird's-eye view! Living on a lake, I have seen with my own eyes how the birds walk across the grass gathering their food. I have this picture of You throwing out their manna, their food, every morning. All that rests on them is to gather for themselves and their families.

A bird's-eye view...if you care for the birds, how much more will you take care of me?

Thank You for the Truth that sets my heart free...every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment