Sunday, August 15, 2010

Morning Manna


"Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation! The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]!" -- Habakkuk 3:18-19 AMP

Abba, Hinds Feet on High Places has ministered to me time and time again. What a beautiful struggle. Oh how I identify with Much Afraid!

The word that strikes me most in Habakkuk 3:18 is yet. Even though, regardless of, although...I will praise You for You are always and forever Good. No matter how high the climb, how difficult the terrain, how ominous the journey may seem, You are omnipresent...You are always near. You go before me and protect from behind me.

The hind is the female deer who is able to calculate her steps with precision. She runs with abandonment and momentum. She stays on track and her footsteps are sure and steadfast.

Strengthen my walk, today, I pray. Make me to walk and not to stop in my tracks.

Cup my face in Your Hands and show me the way, Great Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment