Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Morning Manna

"I am the Gate. Anyone who goes through me will be cared for—will freely go in and out, and find pasture. A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of." -- John 10:9-10 MSG

 Abba, the lion comes to devour, but You come to give Abundant Life!

Jesus, You are the Keeper of the sheep, the Great Shepherd, and You lay down Your Life for the Sheep. Back in those days, the shepherd of the sheep would literally lay down on the ground as the gate for the sheep. Any sheep would have to go through the shepherd to exit the pasture and any animal wanting to harm the sheep would have to deal with the shepherd first.

Haven't You done this for us? Haven't You laid down Your Life for me? Haven't You placed Yourself as the Guardian of my life? Won't the enemy of my soul, the devouring lion, have to contend with You first?

Thank You, Shepherd of my heart, for getting in harms way. Thank You, Living Savior, for repairing the breach.

You are the Gate...I am a sheep of Your Pasture.

No comments:

Post a Comment