Friday, September 10, 2010

Morning Manna

Abba, just before bed last night, You ministered to my heart through the following devotion from Joy for the Journey - A Woman's Book of Joyful Promises. May the Scriptures and words shared bless my friends today in Jesus Name.



"Commit your works to the LORD, and your thoughts will be established." -- Proverbs 16:3 NKJV

"This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." -- Psalm 118:24 NKJV

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." -- Ephesians 2:10 NKJV

Blessings in Your Daily Tasks

Anne Morrow Lindbergh observed somewhere in her timeless little book, Gift from the Sea, that most of us don't really mind pouring our lives out for a reason. What we do resent is the feeling that it is being dribbled away in small, meaningless drops for no good reason.

For me, one of the greatest frustrations of walking through the "dailiness" of my life as a Christian is that I don't always get to see how the bits and pieces of who I am fit into the big picture of God's Plan. It's tempting at times to see my life as a meal here, a meeting there, a carpool, a phone call, a sack of groceries -- all disjointed fragments of nothing in particular.

And yet I know I am called, as God's child, to believe by faith that they do add up. That in some way every single scrap of my life, every step and every struggle, is in the process of being fitted together into God's huge and perfect pattern for good.

Claire Cloninger
When God Shines Through

No comments:

Post a Comment