Saturday, October 2, 2010

Morning Manna


"Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour." -- 1 Peter 5:8 AMP

Abba, I'm afraid that when I'm irritable, weary, and out-of-sorts, I sound like a roaring lion myself! I can come across as the enemy to my husband and children. This is not what I desire.

The real enemy is The Enemy. As John Eldredge says in his book Epic, "Life is very confusing if you do not take into account that there is a Villain. That you, my friend, have an Enemy."

The truth is that there is an enemy who longs to destroy me. Either I am aware of his devices and understand how to respond in prayer or I blame You for all that appears negative in my life, for all that has not gone "according to plan", my plan. 

Satan is my arch-enemy, my adversary, my opponent in this life. I can be sure that he has a strategy...he has studied my statistics, he knows my weaknesses, and he knows what makes me tick - like a time bomb!

Thank You, Jesus, that You remind me and make me keenly aware that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against satan and his cohorts. Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world!

Thank You for reminding me that satan is the accuser...he accuses everyone except himself. He's good at pointing the finger! 

Thank You, Abba, for sending Your Son to redeem me from the curse, to redeem me from a life of accusation and condemnation, to redeem me from certain gloom and doom.

In You, in Christ, I can do all things...in Christ my enemy has already been defeated. 

Thank You that we fight from a position of victory vs. for victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment