Monday, November 8, 2010

Morning Manna


"But as for me, I will look to the Lord and confident in Him I will keep watch; I will wait with hope and expectancy for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me." -- Micah 7:7 AMP

Abba, I enjoyed watching Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring yesterday. Such a nice day for a blankie and a movie!

One of the things I love about the Lord of the Rings trilogy is the parallels to real life and spiritual journeys. I enjoy the depth, the symbols, the hearts of the characters. I love pondering what J. R. R. Tolkien might be saying to us in each scene.

There is one particular scene that stopped me in my tracks yesterday. The scene where Gandalf faces off with the Balrog on the withering bridge. The Balrog is a huge, ugly demon-like creature...a very scary, intimidating and larger-than-life figure with a fiery whip. Yet, Gandalf, after making sure his troop has crossed the bridge safely before him, raises his staff and says to this ugly animal, "You cannot pass!" He raises his staff and a bright light shines..."You cannot pass!"

In this scene, Gandalf appears to be in a David vs. Goliath position. The little guy vs. the big guy. Yet, Gandalf's resolve and understanding of his powers and position, wards off the demon, although it costs him his very life.

As I watched this scene, I felt the "mother hen" rise up in my heart. I was reminded of Luke 10:19 that says that we have been authority over all the power of the enemy. Oh my momma's heart felt so strong at that moment!

The Blood of Jesus Christ, Your Son, is more powerful than any arrow thrown our way!

I will wait expectantly and watchfully. I will pray over my family. I will understand that authority that You have given me and resolve to stand firm as I wait on You. I will put on the Robe of Righteousness and wield my Sword of the Spirit and stand.

I will wait with Hope for You hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment