Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Morning Manna

"Elijah said to Ahab, "Up on your feet! Eat and drink—celebrate! Rain is on the way; I hear it coming." -- 1 Kings 18:41 MSG

Abba, Elijah was a very brave prophet of Yours. He called upon You and You answered him and proved yourself to King Ahab and the double-minded Israelites, who went back and forth between Baal and You.

Not only did Elijah have much faith, but he was a good listener. He listened with his "inner" ear and expectantly waited. He heard the rain approaching before anyone else did.

I am encouraged by this Scripture because You always provide. There are times of drought that we all face, but there is also an end to the dry season. Provision is on the way...supply is coming.

Oh yes, I am double-minded at times, vacillating between faith and fear. You are so patient and kind. You don't punish me...You perfect me through Your Son. You encourage me to listen close. You encourage me to listen to Your Heart that is ever for me.

You will never fail me or abandon me...rain is on the way, by faith I hear it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment